Smartphones and tablets are changing the way people live their lives in many different ways. One of them is remote gambling. You no longer have to be attached to a desktop to access your online casino. Looking at the proliferation of smartphones, software was developed that enabled players to engage in real money gambling on their mobile phones. All our featured online casinos also operate mobile gaming platforms. You can play your favorite games from wherever you are. You can carry out all functions from your mobile devices, including transfer of payments and claiming bonuses. The best aspect is that mobile gaming and desktop gaming are not mutually exclusive options. You can select which you want based on your requirement at a particular time.
In this section we will acquaint you with how mobile casinos function and what choices are available to you in the sphere of mobile gaming. You will learn how to maximize your mobile gaming enjoyment. We will also highlight the advantages and disadvantages of mobile gaming.
- Mobile gaming is the fastest growing remote gaming vertical and all mobile casinos and their software providers are focused on delivering top class products.
- Mobile casinos can be accessed from your smartphones and tablets and will allow you to carry out all gaming and financial transactions related to online gambling.
- Mobile gaming is as fair and safe as desktop gaming because you essentially play the same games under the same strict security protocols used for other mobile payments.
- Some mobile casinos will give you the option of downloading apps, but all of them will allow you to play directly in the browsers of your mobile devices.
Different types of mobile platforms
Mobile games were first developed on Java platforms and these were compatible with all mobile operating systems. When Android and iOS operating systems became the premier ones for mobile devices, gaming software providers began to focus on these. Android is used by a number of instrument manufacturers. iOS is used exclusively on Apple iPhones and iPads. Mobile games were created separately for Android and iOS operating systems in order to better integrate the casino software and the mobile device software. This provided a better gaming experience. Online casinos had apps that could be downloaded for Android and iOS phones and tablets from Google Play and App Store respectively.
Then HTML5 was developed and this eliminated the advantage of separate apps for separate mobile operating systems. So mobile games are created with the common HTML5 code and can be played in the browsers of any device without downloading. It does not matter whether your mobile device works on iOS or Android or Windows. Usually you will have the option to download an app or play directly in your mobile browser.
Registering and playing at mobile casinos
If you are already a member of the desktop casino that offers mobile gaming then you do not have to register separately for the mobile casino. The best way for you to access the mobile casino is to go to the web site of the desktop casino and navigate to the mobile gaming page. You will find a QR code, which you should scan with your mobile phone camera. You will be taken to the mobile gaming site of the casino in your mobile phone browser. There are other ways that you can be directed to the mobile casino. You may be given the link that you must enter in your mobile browser. You can log in using the same user id and password as for the desktop casino. You will share the casino account between desktop and mobile and can start wagering with the available balance.
If you are not signed up at that desktop casino, then you can search for the mobile casino web site from your mobile phone browser. Follow the simple process to register and make a deposit directly from your mobile phone and start wagering. If you have the option to download the app and want to do so you can follow that route.
How to get the most out of your mobile gambling experience
First and foremost you should play at a mobile casino that is licensed and regulated by a reputed authority and is powered by the best software providers. All our recommended mobile casinos will be suitable in this regard. If you are playing in the browser instead of using an app then bookmark the mobile casino in your favorites so that you do not have search again and again.
Mobile gaming is often carried out in public places, so you need to be extra careful when logging in at your mobile casino or transferring funds using your mobile device. Ensure that no one is able to watch you. Because mobile gaming is more easily accessible than desktop gaming, the opportunity for wagering more than you ought to is greater. You should follow responsible gambling practices that are discussed in a separate section.
Advantages of playing mobile casino games
- With mobile gaming you are no longer stuck with wagering on desktops at fixed locations. You can play from anywhere, for example while commuting from work or waiting for an appointment. You save normally wasted time and have more free time with friends and family.
- You navigate through mobile gaming using tap and swipe movements which are more convenient than clicking and scrolling needed in desktop casinos.
- You can carry out all gaming operations from your mobile devices without the need of desktops. The operations include gaming, making deposits and claiming bonuses.
- Some Dutch online casinos give special bonuses and host special promotions on their mobile gaming platforms.
- Though you may not find the older games at many mobile casinos, all our recommended operators always release the latest games on desktop and mobile platforms simultaneously.
Disadvantages of playing mobile casino games
- The screens on mobile devices, particularly smartphones, are much smaller than desktop screens. This results in loss of visual appeal especially in online slots rich in graphics.
- In order to compensate for the smaller screen of mobile devices some functions like adjusting bet amounts, are shifted to a second screen. Hence you have to toggle between screens frequently.
- There is a loss of functionality in some of the more feature rich contemporary video slots. For example many mobile slots do not include the auto play feature.
- Mobile casino portfolios are much smaller than desktop casino portfolios, so you have a smaller selection of games to choose from.